Thursday, February 19, 2009

This weeks travel blurb includes a celebrity sighting....

More than just a sighting. I was fortunate enough to sit in the exit row with Governor Mike Huckabee. I wondered as I used the salutation "Governor" in my greeting if that were the correct thing to do. I know they retain that title forever I suppose or until they get a new one but it seemed a little odd for some reason.

I've ridden on at least one flight with him before and have noticed him in the Houston, Dallas and Little Rock airports numerous times. But this was the first instance for me to actually talk to him since the election. Usually I see him appeasing someone who wants to interject their opinion on him all the while his food is getting cold. Things like that just reaffirm my understanding and opinion that most people are ignorant and/or rude. I tend to think the rudeness comes from their ignorance but what do I know. But I suppose that's the life of a politician much like Hollywood celebrity's have to deal with their paparazzi. It goes with the territory.

My conversation consisted of telling him I liked his show on Fox. It is interesting with the band and the Governor's participation in the band. I especially liked his piece this past weekend where he named the stimulus plan for President Obama. Take a look if you missed it:



On a more serious note he also interviewed Steven Curtis Chapman about the loss of their daughter last summer. Here are the two parts:

Part 1:


Part 2:


Other than that I told him that my wife also loved his show and we had been rooting for him to win the Republican nomination. After that I left him alone. He read a magazine and I imagined he appreciated the quiet time. We could have talked, I'm sure, about the current President, the Democratic Congress, and the Congressional Relief Action Program. I'm sure I would have learned something. I have an idea we'll see more of the Governor in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment